Although I am grateful for many things, I’m also sad to spend a second Thanksgiving without my dad (who passed the Sunday before Thanksgiving last year).
I’m thankful he passed on the cooking gene, that I spent many long hours in the kitchen with him, that many of his food traditions live on through me, and that cooking is a passion that Jason and I share.
- Salmon replaced our main dish when we quit turkey in 2009.
- Stuffed winter squash and butternut squash puree
- Roasted brussels sprouts with aioli (left over leek remoulade)
- Vanilla sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes a la Bob Latislaw
- Boiled beets a la Madeline Latislaw
- Cranberry sauce with a new twist
- My key lime pie is a long standing tradition
- Jason’s famous pumpkin pie
What are your Thanksgiving food traditions?