- Create an Android ecosystem of developers, designers, testers, and other creatives in Philadelphia.
- Provide a supportive setting that encourages diverse perspectives and participants.
- Meetings will be open and community driven.
I’d like to begin meetings in May and hold monthly meetings thereafter. I plan to host it at a Center City location, probably the Comcast Center on a work evening. Ideally we’d follow each meeting with a social activity to encourage informal networking.
Any and all volunteers are welcome to help us get this off the ground and become self-sustaining! Please use our shiny new Google group to interact with other members.
Our working title is Android Alliance and we have logo designs in the works (to be posted on the Google group shortly). Your input is welcome!
Achieving gender balance is a challenge for any technical group, however it will be a priority of this group to be a welcoming place for all individuals to participate. The benefits of attracting different perspectives, genders, and minorities has a clear benefit to our entire membership.
Now I open the floor to you!
- What would you like to see in this group?
- What sorts of topics would you like to hear about? What topics would like you present?
- What do you feel is missing in the local Android ecosystem?
- What meeting times would work best?
Subscribe to Android Alliance Philadelphia mailing list to keep up to date with our discussions.