This article is part of my series for preparing a keynote, check out the full series.
It’s tough to find a balance between a topic that is technical enough, but not too technical! Here’s some questions I ask myself when I brainstorming keynote topics:
- What are the trends I am seeing in my area of focus? Technology as a whole?
- What’s broken in technology? How should we fix it?
- What soft skills do I wish others had? What’s made the most impact in my career?
- What has been recently released that I am interested in learning more about? Does it have wider implications outside of my focus area?
- What’s interesting from my background that’s not common to other technologists? Can I draw parallels?
Bonus Tip: I use mind maps and sketchnotes to help help with free association. I find that I can come up with more creative topic ideas. Try it and see where it takes you!
What methods do you use for topic generation? Share in the comments!
Like what you see? Join the mailing list!